Weekly breastfeeding support groups in the York area
If you would like breastfeeding support or information you are welcome to come to one of our friendly and informal support groups. You will have the opportunity to chat to one of our breastfeeding peer supporters and/or counsellors. It is also a chance to meet other families. The groups are FREE and you are welcome to bring a partner/family member/friend. Please feel free to drop in at any time. Do check our Facebook page in case of any last minute changes.
Breastfeeding support groups are held at the following venues every week:
|Fridays||10:30am – 12noon||Acomb Methodist Church||More details>>|
- All adults should wear a mask unless exempt.
- We will clean surfaces, door handles etc before the group begins and between attendees.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- We will be collecting contact details for track and trace and holding these for no more than 21 days.
- We will arrange the furniture to ensure social distance of 1m+.
- Doors and windows will remain open to maximise ventilation (unless privacy is requested).
And if you don’t feel ready to venture out yet, our weekly Zoom groups will be continuing for now.
What families have to say about our in person support groups
HUGE thank you to the 3 lovely ladies that offered a warm welcome, great support and made me feel like I was just chatting to another mum. Found something as simple as slight adjustment to positioning really helped. I felt like I hit a huge milestone for us this morning and I’m proud of us! Such a confidence boost and I came away with a big smile! Thank you!A Mum who attended a session Dec 2019
Thanks so much for the patient lady at Haxby Treasure Chest this morning. Her patience has paid off as I seem to be doing better than ever with some minor changes, top tips and self confidence that I was in fact doing it ok!A Mum who attended a session Dec 2019
These groups are wonderful, they make you feel so very welcome and give great support, encouragement and advice , would highly recommend.A Mum who attended a session Nov 2019