Weekly breastfeeding support groups in the York area
If you would like breastfeeding support or information you are welcome to come to one of our friendly and informal support groups. You will have the opportunity to chat to one of our breastfeeding peer supporters and/or counsellors. It is also a chance to meet other families.
You do not need to book a place at our groups and are welcome to come at any time but please be aware that our Peer Supporters may need to leave as soon as the session time finishes. If a group is very busy then you may need to wait if you wish to speak to a Peer Supporter.
Treasure Chest breastfeeding groups are free of charge and are held at the following venues every week:
- Peer Supporters will do lateral flow tests before attending groups and we strongly encourage all parents and other adults to do the same please.
- All adults should wear a mask unless exempt.
- Please do not bring non-breastfeeding older siblings to a group as it is very difficult for children to keep social distance.
- We will clean surfaces, door handles etc before the group begins and between attendees.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- We will be collecting contact details for track and trace and holding these for no more than 21 days.
- We will arrange the furniture to ensure social distance of 1m+.
- Doors and windows will remain open to maximise ventilation (unless privacy is requested).
- A partner/family member/friend is welcome to join you but if the group is very busy and there is not enough space then they may need to wait outside the room.
And if you don’t feel ready to venture out yet or cannot attend due to not having childcare for older children, our Monday Zoom group will be continuing for now.
What families have to say about our in person support groups
HUGE thank you to the 3 lovely ladies that offered a warm welcome, great support and made me feel like I was just chatting to another mum. Found something as simple as slight adjustment to positioning really helped. I felt like I hit a huge milestone for us this morning and I’m proud of us! Such a confidence boost and I came away with a big smile! Thank you!A Mum who attended a session Dec 2019
Thanks so much for the patient lady at Haxby Treasure Chest this morning. Her patience has paid off as I seem to be doing better than ever with some minor changes, top tips and self confidence that I was in fact doing it ok!A Mum who attended a session Dec 2019
These groups are wonderful, they make you feel so very welcome and give great support, encouragement and advice , would highly recommend.A Mum who attended a session Nov 2019